מבית הבלוגים של למטייל

יום שלישי, 29 בספטמבר 2009

today

Few weeks ago, when I still was in Israel, about at the middle of the 3rd delegation, Gil, our HEAD OF MISSION (!) wrote a blog called “an ordinary amazing day”, which spoke about how many great things happened in the most ordinary day of the week.

I’m gonna kind of repeat it now, but it will not be boring, since every day here is a story on its own.

I woke up today at 7:30 to the sounds of a shaking house. sounds kinda scary? no! The floor here is so unstable that 2 people walking on the same time sounds like an earthquake!

So everybody woke up relatively early – we are making windows to our community house, Yael had a lesson early, and as I said before – 4 people walking on the same time can wake up even the laziest elephant that will sleep in my room.

So I got up and went to the community house. as I got there at 8 o’clock Mr. Sen (our translator, community house’s manager, a secondary school teacher and our most beloved and devoted friend here) suggested me to come to the elementary school with him. because these are the last days before school begins, kids come to school for “labor days”: cleaning, arranging and so. Today they had a parade in order to convince the parents that aren’t sending their kids to school to send them to the beginning of the upcoming year. we came to school and the word “WOW” just slipped out of my mouth.

200 kids all dressed with their blue-jeans/skirt-white-shirt standing in lines and waiting for the sign. as the sign was given, they marched from school to the village’s main (and only) road and totally blocked it, so everyone had to stand aside and watch them passing by. they marched to the village of chum-sla and back to the dock, with signs, music, and Mr. Sen reading a message for the parents and the kids. just amazing. and the kids were so happy! I remember myself as a student, in my geek times and my “cool” times, I was always happy to go to school, but it cannot be compared. these kids are really EXPECTING for the year to begin.

anyway, let’s continue in our journey through today.

After Khmer lesson that ended at 12:00 (in which we learn a new and soooo different language), I went to the village’s only “doctor”, for him to check my leg – I thought that I stepped on a glass few weeks ago. So I came to this Dr. Lui, which came out of his house with a rusty tool box. wait…now?! all the talks about HIV, infections, hepatitis came down to one second. a second later I was sitting on the porch, with unsterilized needle in my toe, with like 15 kids examining my situation, as the motorbikes are going by. By the way, he found nothing there…

5 minutes later, as I entered my computer class, the girls that were watching at my “show”, came to watch the next “show” – computer lesson J

And it’s just about noon!! crazy isn’t it?!

about 6 o’clock the YOM KIPPUR fast was over with banana pankaces made by Yael and me, ginger-honey tea and oil-flavored wafers. super fun and feels so much like home.Few times a week the people around me here give me the feeling of actual family. I think I will cry when I’ll have to leave them.

Then another computer lesson. and dinner. and great activity that was made by Naomi and Rotem for us to have fun together. Have I said family before?

I think that the most important thing that this day gave me, is the ability to work as hard as I should, but still knowing that I can have a great time, feel welcomed outside my home and inside it.

Just another usual day…:)

אין תגובות: